Thursday, July 16, 2009

What's that you say?


So Micah is 18 months now, I can't believe how quickly time has past. As a lot of you know 18 months in a milestone in Mormon culture. Now Micah can go to Nursery, yeah! Actually he has been going since he was about 5 months so this doesn't make much of a difference. Hopefully soon he will be able to go alone.

I have been reading a parenting book that would describe Micah as a Spirited child, this is a nice way of saying hyper, energetic, passionate etc. I would also describe Micah as a spirited little guy. He is tons of fun but he has his moments that he likes to challenge me and see how much he can get away with. Besides being a spirited 18 month old, Micah loves to play with me and Ryan. He can spend hours reading books, playing cars, taking walks, doing dishes and washing Laundry as long as he gets to do it with either me or Ryan. He is really a great helper around the house. I love my Micah!

Every day it seems as though Micah is saying a new word. Ryan and I are constantly looking at each other asking, "Did he just say...?" The words that kids pick up on are so funny, here are a list of the words (and definitions) in Micah's daily rhetoric.

Micah's First Word's


Mama, Mom, Ma
Dad, Dada, Da
No
Go
Puh, U-p: Up
Ba: Ball
god, Daw: Dog
Kah: Milk
Ah (with a refreshing sound): Milk, Water, drink
K, Kee: Keys, Cheese
ck (like the ck is sizzling in your mouth): car
Baba: Bubbles, Belly Button
Th: Snake, carrot, Yogurt
Eee: ewe
RYAN!: I think Micah thinks this is what you say when your calling for someone :)
The sound that you make when you smack your lips: Bye
Kaw-dy: Katie (Micah's Aunt)
Micah also Makes a humming sound to say cat and baby, He is so silly.
Please and Thank You (in Sign Language)

Micah's First Sentences

Uh oh!
HE GUYTH!: Hey guys (this is what Micah yells to the group of kids that play outside).

**I am sure Micah has a lot more words that I can't think of, so I'll most likely be adding them on when they come to mind.



2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Yay for 18 months!!!

I'd have to agree with you--he is a VERY energetic little boy. But I love that about him.

My personal favorite on your list is Th: Snake, carrot, Yogurt. That's a lot of different meanings for the same word. HA! It makes me laugh. Good thing you're a mommy and can decipher what he says. I never can understand stuff like that.

Brooke said...

I love baby words. They're awesome. We still use many that Parker used to say or that my own kids say. Well, now that he's 18 months it's time to get started on the next one, eh?..... Just kiddin'.