Friday, January 29, 2010

Flash Back Friday

I have been wanting to post more but I feel very behind. While I try to organize my thoughts and decide where to begin, I thought I'd give myself a small and easy push. That is why I decided it would be fun to do a "flash back Friday" post as well as "my favorite things" post, we'll see how this goes.

Remember this little gem? I have come to know this piece of furniture as the clown couch. Though it may seem as if nothing else in the world could compliment this piece I am happy to inform you that there was an identical love seat that sat next to this couch. You may be wondering how did we ever end up with this eye sore? let the story begin.


It was October 2005 and I was at a bridal shower with my friends, meanwhile my husband-to-be was out furniture shopping. I gave Ryan a call after my Bridal shower to say hi, he asked me to come by our soon to be apartment because he had a surprise. When I entered the apartment I had no words, this couch knocked the wind out of me! This is probably the reason we kept the couch for the first couple years of our marriage. The couch itself was in really great condition and very comfortable, that was one plus side. Eventually I couldn't handle the colors and patterns any longer, so I started making plans to reupholster the beast. Luckily I didn't have to take on the job because we received a great set of hand-me-down couches from my in-laws.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I still remember you telling us about your couches...the explanation did not do them justice! The first time I ever watched the Office was on that couch, oh the memories!

Marisa Jean said...

I remember this couch. It was huge! But surprisingly, it wasn't as bad in-person as it is in the picture. I love it.