Sunday, April 25, 2010

Back to Washington, D.C.!

Washington, D.C. April 2007

The decision is made, and we will be off to George Washington University in Washington, D.C. We are very excited to be able to go back to D.C., but I have to say I am very nervous to go with two little ones. I think the hardest part will be to move away from our family and friends. So the rest of this post might seem to be all over the place, but it makes sense to me. :)

Ryan has a compilation of different songs he collected from different Elders when he served his Mission; he served in Washington D.C. (North mission I believe). Music is such a big part of Ryan's life and so I am not at all surprised that he has this compilation. One of the songs on this CD Ryan and his freind wrote, It's called Back to the Mountains. They wrote it as they we're coming to the end of their service missions and about to return home. For Ryan, home was Utah.

It seems we have been preparing to go to law school forever. Now everything is coming together and we are actually going to move our family across the country and pursue this next phase in our lives. The reason I mention the song above is because I think it is so ironic that Since Ryan has been home from his mission he keeps being pulled back to Washington. First for his Internship with the Washington Seminar and now for Law School at George Washington University. It seems Washington, D.C. is not finished with Ryan yet (you know like in LOST).

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats to Ryan, and how exciting for your family! I can't say that I'm not a little jealous that you get to live in DC again! We had planned on moving back for grad school, but Texas was just more right for us. Things always work out how they are supposed to, and I love Texas, but Washington DC is still one of my very favorite places! What an exciting adventure for your little family!

kristinann said...

Congrats!!! That's awesome! It's nice to finally have the decision made. Sounds perfect for your family! Let me tell you the first year is tough! I missed everyone like crazy, but after that you get used to it and it's smooth sailing from there. I can't believe El will have just a year left. It does go by fast! Love ya guys and we're happy for you!