Friday, October 29, 2010

Sweet little thing


Yesterday I was headed down to the car with my two boys in tow. We made our way down the Elevator making a couple stops before we hit the ground level. Micah quickly made friends with two of the people that rode down with us, our new friend Marge and the self proclaimed Man with a cane. Marge walked with us down the long hallway and held the big double doors open for us. I walked to the second elevator that we need to take to get to our car and I noticed Micah was still at the double doors. I beckoned and bribed for Micah to catch up to me so we could catch the elevator. The whole time I could hear Micah calling out to someone in his sweet little voice, "Come on man, come on, I'm waiting for you, I'm holding the door for you man." I walked back to the doors to see who Micah was talking to. It was our new friend "The Man with the cane." Micah was patiently holding the big heavy door for his friend who was going as fast as he could (which wasn't very fast) to get down the hall. I was so touched by Micah's kindness. I couldn't help but think that this was such a beautiful Christ-like moment, Micah was showing love to his neighbor.

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

You know your kids will act how they were raised--looks like he's had some great examples! I love this story and so glad you shared it!

Brooke said...

That is so sweet. I can't believe he speaks in such long sentences already. Cam is barely putting 2 or 3 words together. Crazy!

Isn't technology awesome? We can all still keep up with you and know how sweet little Micah is even from miles and miles away.

Good work, Micah!!