7/5/12 Sam was calling for Mommy and Daddy after we put him down for bed. M- No Sam, if you call for mommy, daddy comes up, if you call for Daddy, mommy comes up. Sam called out "I need go poo poo." Ryan and I both ran up. :)
5/22/12 Micah started to talk to a mother and daughter (Micah's age) who we met as we were all walking to the park. Micah- Hi I'm Micah M-I-C-A-H Tracy (mother)- Hi Micah, did you learn to spell your name at school? M- Yeah! T- Where do you go to school? M- I don't know, law school or something?
5/21/12 You know you listen to too many audio books and not enough music in the car when you have the following conversation.
Me: Micah, I forgot to grab books from your bedroom. Will you please run downstairs and grab the books you want to read for quiet time?
Micah: Mommy the upstairs books are a "great supplement for parent child reading time!"
4/17/12 Me: Micah you are in time out for throwing dirt on Sam. Micah: You're wasting your time Mom!
3/22/12 Tonight we we're sitting on the front porch. Micah and Sam we're playing with their fire truck that uncle Jordan gave them. The boys were very delighted to see a large fire truck drive by. The truck stopped and flashed it's lights and honked the horn, and the fire fighters waved to the boys. It was a great show, micah's only complaint was that "the truck didn't say meow, meow"
3/11/12 I was trying to get Micah to put his pants back on after he finished using the bathroom. I reminded him repeatedly, and finally I told him he would have to go to his room if he didn't listen. He was so angry with me he shouted "You make me the laughing stock of the neighborhood!" (He got this line from an Aurthur book) All I could do was turn around so he couldn't see me laugh.
1/10/12 M- Sam can I have that book please, because your reading it upside down S- (with the book upside down) No
12/3/11 I was trying to get Micah to stay at the table and eat dinner, but he was pretending to be a puppy. He kept directing me and Ryan on what to say. Teasingly I said, "I didn't know puppies were so bossy. Micah breaking charachter replies, That's for sure!"
10/14/11 I was holding Sam in the baby carrier, he was sleeping. Micah asks, "is that how the babies sleep in Guatemala?"
9/29/11 After an afternoon of shopping, I sent Micah to time out when we got home for not staying with me. After time out we had a talk about it. After saying everything I had to say Micah replied, "if you don't know where I am, just look by the buttons, that's where you'll find me."
9/20/11 When Micah is being disobedient I give him a warning and then count to 3 if he continues break rules. Today he was playing with the dishwasher rack full of dishes. I asked him to stay out of there and we closed the dishwasher. He went right back to playing in there so I started counting. Then Micah stand up angry at me and says "No more Mommies counting at kids!"
3/4/11 The boys were in bed and over the monitor we heard Sam start crying, then we heard Micah start singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to Sam. So sweet.
2/20/11 a couple days ago Micah came up to me holding an ice cream scoop and asked, "Mom, can I have a big giant scoop of peanut butter?"
1/7/11 cleaning up the toys today Ryan- are you going to help me or what Micah-(thinking about his "options" chooses) what.
1/3/11 Micah got dressed after his bath and said "I'm Micah again!"
12/2/10 Mom, we need snow.
11/21/10 I heard Micah singing, "Heavenly Father had a farm E I E I O."
11/13/10 Micah usually uses this line when he sees something he shouldn't play with. He learned from Toy Story
Sid (from T/S)- Danger, keep out of reach of Children. AWESOME!
Micah- Danger, keep out of Kids. Oh Well!
11/12/10 Micah has been using lines from books that we read. Today he said "I made a big mess, Daddy is not happy to see me." This is interpretation of a few lines from The Cat in the Hat.
Micah loves to strike up conversations in the elevator. His usual approach to make small talk is "look at the cute baby" as he points to Sam
11/2010 Micah noticed I was getting ready for the day, he walked out of my room and into his, I heard him call out. "Mom, do you know where my dress is"?
10/29/10 Micah was playing with his cars this afternoon, apparently they weren't doing what he wanted them to do. I heard him say,"No cars, go to time out"
10/2010 Ryan and I are always calling Micah a "silly goose," and he is always correcting us "silly geese"
10/2010 We call Micah big guy a lot. Recently he has started calling daddy, big man.
10/09/2010 We had to make a quick run to the grocery store so I just through shoes on the boys Micah looked up at me in shock and said, "Oh no! I'm in the elevator, in my pajamas!"
9/21/10 Walking into my bedroom at 6:30am, "Wake up Mom, the sun is Shining!"
8/31/10 Micah had a little toy that looked like a hand bag around his wrist and said, "By Mom, I going shopping! You know where keys are?"
8/23/10 Micah dumped a bucket of balls on Sam's lap and said, "Here kid, have a ball."
8/15/10 We drove past the Washington Monument to show it to Micah, he loves it! He calls it Washingment :)
8/14/10 The radio in the car started blaring when I switched from the fm transmitter to a cd. Micah yelled out to me "WHOA MOM, TOO LOUD!"
8/8/10
Upon walking into the family room at Nana and Papa's house Micah said, "what's going on here?"
8/8/10 Making smores at Sara and Weston's house and Micah called Marshmallows, Fartmallows.
Everyday
Micah doesn't have down the saying "See you later alligator" "In a while crocodile." This is how his conversation usually goes.
Grandpa: See you later alligator
Micah: See you later crocodidle or bye crocodidle
5/21/10 Today we went to the Living Traditions festival. Ryan and I let Micah push his stroller. As he was pushing through the crowds, Ryan told Micah to watch out for people. Then Micah started yelling "Watch out people."
2/19/10 Micah was pressing a lot of buttons on the TV at his Nana and Papa's house. I look at him and say"Micah, please don't push anymore buttons" "Why?!" He was clearly not expecting an explanation.
2/2/10 Oh my heck, this boy is surprising me every day. This morning while we were getting ready, Micah counted in this sequence 1,2,3,9,10. What a bright little boy I have!
2/1/10 I was exercising and Micah was playing in the same room. I was working on curls and I counted each one out loud, when I got to 9 Micah called out "ten!" Besides 1, 2, go, I didn't even think Micah could count.
1/2/10 Micah has foam letters he plays with in the bath tub. During his bath he actually spelled the word "jet" but not knowing this he pointed to the left side of the word and went across exclaiming "Micah."
1/1/10 Micah and I had just waken up from a nap and we sat down on the couch and began flipping through t.v. channels for him. I stopped on a foot ball game for him. After a few minutes of sitting and watching very intently, Micah leans forward and yells at the t.v., "Come on!"
10/25/09 After family prayer tonight Micah reminded me of all the people we left out of our prayer. "Co-ee (Cody), Howie (Haley), Ka-dee (Katie), Ee (Eric), Mama (Grandma), his fish sound for Grandpa, Nan (Nana/other g-ma), Papa (Pop, pop/other grandpa) Gah-bee, happy (I guess he needs more hapiness in his life).
10/16/09 Micah has discovered the art of tattle telling. Ryan wouldn't let Micah play with something in the kitchen (I don't know what it was) and Micah ran into me with tears and said "Mommy, Dad" as he pointed to the kitchen.
9/27/09 Micah was putting a puzzle together in sacrament meeting. Every time he got a puzzle piece in, he folded his arms and said "amen."
9/22/09 Micah keeps jumping on my back and making monkey sounds. I love the way he clings to me, now I have an idea of how a mother monkey feels.
9/14/09 Micah and I were playing with building blocks today. I was working on an awesome tower. Then Micah comes along and pushes over my structural masterpiece and yells "OOPS!"
Micah was trying to tell me something using sign language. He knows a few ASL sings that he uses pretty often, but this was different today. Micah making signs and gestures I've never even seen before, he was practically making up his own dialect of sign language! It was very hard to keep a straight face. I finally had to ask him to show me what he wanted. A ride in the toy box of course!
9/9/09 Micah loves to get the courtesy balloons from Maceys. I decided to hold on to the balloon for safe keeping, as we were unloading the car the balloon snagged on the door and became free. Micah was horrified! he kept calling "BA, BA, BA." I felt so horrible.
9/?/09 Micah was purposely dumping out milk from his sippy-cup. I looked at him and said "uh oh Micah." He quickly stopped then walked over to the dish rag drawer and grabbed a cloth, went back over to the mess, bent over and mopped it up!
Sam made me laugh when...
4/17/12 Sam is such a good talker it is amazing. He does run into barriers at times. He is such a champ, he has started to use body language to communicate when I can't understand him. Today he was trying to tell me that his straw wasn't working. When he could see that I wasn't getting it, he started acting like he was sucking from a straw and then he handed me his cup. Such a little thing, but I love it!
4/9/12 Sam really likes to throw his food off the table. On this particular occasion, I was a little more stern that he is use to. The mischievous smile on his face turned to a frown and he got huge puppy dog eyes. I was so worried that I made him sad, I really didn't want to see him cry. I quickly assured him that I wasn't mad at him but that his mess was not okay. I gave him a hug and a kiss. He just sat there with that sad look. I waled away for a moment and as I was coming back I noticed that he looked much happier. When he noticed me however, he went back to that sad look. I asked him if he was sad, he was trying very hard to look sad but not hard enough because he was pulling a half smile/half frown. When I saw this I realized he was just yanking my chain.
3/27/12 Sam has started saying potty and running into the bathroom. So I remove his diaper and sit him on the potty. He likes to just sit their and explore his body (too much info?) When I can see he is not actually using the potty I try to tell him the potty is for going pee pee and poo poo. He grunts a little and hops down with a satisfied look. But every time I try to get his diaper back on he runs back to the bathroom and tells me he needs to use the potty. He really hates to wear diapers!!!
3/26/12 I was changing Sam's diaper and trying to get him to say the word diaper. Me: Sam say diaper Sam: Bess you (bless you) Me: Diaper Sam: Bess you Me: Diaper, diaper diaper Sam: Bess you
3/6/12 Sam kept crying for me at bed time. I went in to comfort him and I held him for a few minutes until he seemed relaxed. I went to lay him back down and he started pouting. I told him to try closing his eyes and singing a song. A sang twinkle twinkle... to him and then left. I stood outside the door for a moment and heard Sam singing, "up, up, up, up, high" (that's how he sings "twinkle twinkle")
2/2/11 Crawling!
2/1/11 First Word Sam is reaching for a ball and he says "Ball"
2/1/11 Tooth 4
1/30/11 Tooth 3
1/21/11 Pulls himself up to standing!
1/5/11 push himself up into sitting position!
12/29/10 tooth 2 (bottom left)
12/27/10 tooth 1 (bottom right)
12/1/10 Sam likes carrots, he thinks peas are better
11/30/10 Sam can sit up!
11/27/10 Sam Loves peas!
10//10 Sam likes rice cereal
8/15/10 First laugh while mom was tickling him
7/27/10 Samuel rolled over. (just a fluke, as of 8/25 he hasn't done it again) :)
We miss you guys. I can't look at your blog much because it makes me wanna hang out too much! (especially my best buddy!) We think/talk about you guys all the time! Hope you're doing great!
Jen- the test is the picture, I was trying to crop it for the web :)
Elliot- That is no excuse not to visit our blog! We miss you too. We actually talk about you all the time too. No worries though, we will be seeing a lot of each other when we open up a firm (Do you like how I say we? Ha ha).
7 comments:
I don't know what the test is! But you guys are standing at one of my very favorite spots in all of DC...I'm jealous! Way cute pic too!
We miss you guys. I can't look at your blog much because it makes me wanna hang out too much! (especially my best buddy!) We think/talk about you guys all the time! Hope you're doing great!
Jen- the test is the picture, I was trying to crop it for the web :)
Elliot- That is no excuse not to visit our blog! We miss you too. We actually talk about you all the time too. No worries though, we will be seeing a lot of each other when we open up a firm (Do you like how I say we? Ha ha).
What a cute picture! You all look great.
Lindsay, I LOVE how you said "we"--because it's a BIG deal, and it's GOING to happen (if my life works out how I want it to, that is)
ps. We're still frequent visitors to your blog, and if we can find any reason to be a frequent visitor to DC in the next 2.58 years, we'll find it!
Am I going to be hearing some beeping sounds after this like what happens when they do a test on the Radio or TV?
I am very surprised by all the comments on here. I meant to delete this post. :)
Post a Comment