General Conference was really great this weekend, my favorite part about it all was the Solemn Assembly, I don't remember it from when President Hinkley was sustained. There were also talks that I felt were directed towards me in a very positive and encouraging way. I'm really grateful we have living prophets and apostles.Kevin
Eric
Every so often a family has to say goodbye to their Son, Brother, Sister, Parents, Grandparents and so on who leave their families to serve a full-time mission. In my case I have had a few cousins and my Brother-in-law go on missions. Living in Provo has given me and Ryan the advantage of being able to have one last goodbye with missionaries. On Sunday Ryan, Micah and myself went on a Sunday stroll. As we walked up towards the Provo Temple we saw a lot of missionaries, we began to wonder if my cousin Kevin would be among the multitude. We didn't have to look long before we found him. We only spoke for a few minutes, I would have loved to chat with him for a while but I felt guilty about having found him, so we took a quick picture with him (on Kevin's camera) and said goodbye. Kevin left for Connecticut on Monday.
Two Years ago Ryan and I were inside of the Provo Temple when we ran into my brother-in-law Eric. Ryan and I were getting ready to leave the Temple when Eric was just arriving. Considering the circumstances we were only able to whisper a hello, I think the excited expressions on our faces did all of the talking. This reunion was a complete accident, we tried to run into him again the next week, we didn't have any luck. Eric Will be returning from the Omaha, Nebraska Mission next month.


Micah really loves his Daddy, they played together all weekend long. The first photo is from Sunday morning, Micah was getting ready to take a nap on Ryan as we watched General Conference. I thought it was so cute how he lay so comfortably on his Dad, I had to get a picture of it. The second picture is the one I am the most excited to talk about. On Sunday evening we put Micah down on his stomach for tummy time. Micah hates Tummy time so much that on this particular evening at around 6:00 pm he decided he was finished with tummy time and rolled over! I was so shocked, I thought it had to be a fluke. We put him back on his belly a few more times and each time he rolled over onto his back. My baby boy is growing up so fast.
My little Micah is such a good baby, he is really, really good to me. Since about the second week that we brought him home he has slept through the night. Despite his sweetness he loves to keep me on my toes during the day. For some reason though, when I was sick this last week, my little angel decided that sleeping through the night was not his thing. Besides having to get up frequently for tissues, water and the bathroom for myself, I was having to stay up to feed Micah. The thing that I am so grateful for is that neither Micah nor Ryan caught my cold. I was really worried that Micah would because of all of our contact. Breast milk is amazing!
Doesn't this sandwich look appetizing? This was my lunch yesterday. Micah must have waken up to eat while I was eating because I found my sandwich about three hours later only half eaten. I thought it was pretty funny that I forgot all about it.

3 comments:
These are great pictures! Conference was great. I can't believe Micah's already rolling over! He's so strong and soooo cute! I tried to call you back yesterday, but the phone was busy... Talk to you later!
That was the most random post ever. I can't believe that he's already rolling over. I swear you just brought him home! The way my mom got us to sleep through the night is that she wouldn't wake up for our crying. We would eventually give up and learned not to wake up. I guess I never grew out of it. Oh, and yes, that sandwich DOES look very appetizing!
Hey! I found your blog through Marisa's, I hope thats okay. I cant believe you have a kid!! Arent they fun? And he is SO cute. I read through your blog, its fun to catch up with you in this round about way. Good luck with all the new mother business. Ah, so fun! Feel free to check us out cwmorris@blogspot.com
Post a Comment