Happy underwear day everyone. In light of this holiday, I would like to tell about Micah's new underwear. As you may or may not know, I try to be green any way that I can. I have also found that this green lifestyle is saving us some cash. Some new and exciting things we have done are, planting a garden, drying clothes on a drying rack, changing out our light bulbs for fluorescent bulbs, turning off power strips and unplugging everything else. My most exciting switch however is changing to cloth diapers.
I was trying flushable diapers called "G" diapers, they were pretty easy and surprisingly cute, but they were also very expensive. I went back to disposable for a little while, but only because I couldn't convince Ryan that switching to cloth would be worth it. Well I crunched the numbers for Ryan and after he saw that we would be saving over $2,000 by using cloth diapers, he was a lot more supportive. I have been using them for over a little while now and I seriously LOVE them.
I thought I might have to spend a lot of time cleaning the soiled ones, but I just use a "diaper only" spatula to scrape the mess into the toilet and before I wash them I soak them in Borax or Oxy-clean, baby. Oh yeah and I don't even have to worry about pinning because I bought a cool "Snappi" that holds the diaper together. Not to mention it is way better for the environment and for Micah's bum.

7 comments:
My hat goes off to you missy because I seriously doubt I could make that switch. Using a "spatula" do scrape off my childs poop just doesn't sound fun to me. But, I will admit that we had less diaper rashes when we were kids than my nieces and nephews have had. Oh, and happy underwear day to you!
You are crazy but good for you! I couldn't do it. He does look cute in them though!
Very impressive!
Memories: I remember that first time to! My favorite of you has to be your pregnant belly basketball outfit for Halloween! That was simply the most perfect idea yet!
Also - thanks for the cute invite! I wish we could come! You guys free next Friday night?
Yes we are taking the twins to Disneyland. My whole family is going too so my mom will sit with them while we go on the bigger rides. That is nice that they do that switch pass for you!
Micah looks a lot like you, Lindsay! And you're brave to be using cloth diapers.
how funny; my husband is the one that wants me to switch to cloth diapers- he did the math too and you really do save a lot. We'll probably try it out in a few months; right now Noah is too small for even preemie diapers!
Thanks for your comment- I never knew --- I'm glad our babies our both doing well now. Man, Noah was only 1 day in the NICU; I can't imagine 17---scary!
Lindsay - just checking in on you. Micah is so, so cute! Just adorable. It was funny to me to find the pic of you and E at the zoo and also I spotted blue dog -- you hang him on the crib just like Miriam does! :-) Mer has a pink one that now hangs in that spot.
I'm glad to hear you are finishing up your degree. You are wise to do it now. Life with 2 is harder but lots of fun. I just went back to work 2 weeks ago in DC. We tried to transfer to Boston but it didn't work out, but we are up there a lot so keep us posted if you end up there. LB
Post a Comment