Monday, October 20, 2008

11 day's 'till Halloween!

I love Halloween, I love all of the different parties that go on, I love carving pumpkins, I love the candy and most of all I love to dress up! my favorite thing to do is to dress up in pairs. Last year I was pregnant and so Ryan and I dressed up as a basketball player and a basketball hoop, Micah was the Basket ball.
I have been trying to get Ryan to get into the Halloween spirit but it just isn't his thing I guess...or is it? For his work party last year, I stayed up really late making him the coolest Wind Blown Man costume, I think it was then when he started to come around. Just last night Ryan asked me if I was done making his Halloween costume, this was one of the proudest moments in our marriage for me.So this year I am making the whole family dress up as the Rubble family from the Flintstones. I am Betty, Ryan is Barny, and Micah is Bam Bam. I thought this would be a good opportunity for me to try my hand at sewing again. I tried to make aprons on mothers day for my mom and mother-in-law and they turned out aweful, I can't beleive I gave those away. Sorry mothers. Anyway, so I made our costumes, I am still working on Ryan's.

Micah and I went to the Little Haunts Activity at This is the Place Heritage Park last Friday. We spent the day with my cousin Brooke, her husband Anthony, and there kids. It was really fun getting all dressed up, even if I was the only adult in a Halloween costume. So Micah and I got distracted somehow and didn't get all of the treats from the different stops around the park, all we ended up with was an eraser and a spider ring. I guess I'll be giving those out for Halloween because Micah is to little for any type of Halloween treat.

Top: Hally, Anna, Kayla
Bottom: Camden and Micah
Micah is such a good sport, he kept his costume on almost all day and it didn't bother him a bit, luckily it was a really warm day because he won't be wearing this little number out of the house again. The only problem we encountered was that he wanted to eat the bone on his costume, the only problem is that it's a dog bone and I don't know what its made out of. Micah's hat was a really pathetic attempt but I think it is a good make shift. I coudn't figure out how to make a hat so I just sewed fabric to one of his other hats. My favorite touch is the club. I found a bowling piun at the D.I. and I rubberband a paper bag around it.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

This is Katie Drapers sister! I just have to tell you your little guy is so cute! and I love your Halloween costumes! Katie thinks I should try the basketball thing this year. I'll only be 22 weeks prego at halloween so I don't know if my bump is big enough to be a basketball. But maybe I'll try it. I love the Flintstones Idea!

Marisa Jean said...

First off, I LOVE the costume! You did a great job! Secondly, I LOVE "This is the Place"--very cool that you went to that. I used to go to their "Haunted Deseret" before it turned into more of a haunted house, which I despise.

I'm proud that you sewed your costumes too. This is the first year in I don't know how long that I am not making my costume. I'm ashamed, but oh well.

And finally, I'm jealous that Ryan asked about his costume. Jonathan would never say that to me. But I'm forcing him to dress up anyway.

Whitney said...

My personal blog is sewmakeme.blogspot.com I'm making it private but if you would like an invite I'm happy to add you I just need an email address. I like to see the cute pictures of your little guy and I have you on my reader so I can tell Kates that you have updated your blog. She really needs to get on the bandwagon and get her own blogger account and facebook. But until she does she just uses my accounts! :)

Alissa said...

Very cute costumes. You are so talented and creative with your costumes. I am impressed. We miss you guys.