Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Micah!



I finally finished a quilt! One of my new years resolutions this year was to finish the projects that I begin. I started a quilt at the beginning of January in hopes to finish it before Micah Birthday. A month and a half later it is DONE! So Micah at 13 months is finally getting his birthday present from me. This is the first quilt I have ever finished. I started one for Ryan when we got maried that is half way finished, I promised him I would finish it after I did Micah's. Anyway, there are tons of mistakes that I made and to be honest I am afraid to wash it. I am worried that it will completely fall apart in the wash.



So I am pretty late posting about Micah's Birthday, now that his gift is done I thought this was as good a time as any. Micah's Birthday was so fun, we had a small party over at Ryan's parents house. I worked all day on a cake that was pretty goofy looking, but it tasted okay. Micah didin't care too much for the cake. When we first set the cake down on his table, he tried to pick it up, but it was too heavy; silly goose. After getting frosting all over his hands, Micah spent the remaider of the time licking his fingures and sucking his thumb. He is so cute, I love him so much.

9 comments:

Mike and Shayla said...

Impressive quilt! Thanks for the invitation to your blog.
I should make a similar resolution about finishing projects. I bought a bunch of fabric to do crib bedding and stuff for our nursery, and I only got the dust ruffle and valance done before Tyler was born. I haven't even touched the rest of the project since then!

Marisa Jean said...

First off, I freaking LOVE that quilt. You are so talented.

Secondly, I was wondering when the pictures of Micah's 1st birthday were coming. Cake pictures of babies are my very favorite and Micah didn't let down! All the frosting smeared across his face is making me DIE with laughter. SO CUTE! Yay! You have a one year old!

Marisa Jean said...

P.S. I love the cake and how the dots on it match the cupcakes. You did great.

kristinann said...

Your quilt looks awesome! Good job! Glad Micah enjoyed his first birthday! That cake looks delish!

Mike and Jill said...

Happy Birthday Micah!!!

Andrea said...

He's such a cute boy! The first birthday is always so much fun. Your quilt looks great. I am the worst at starting and not finishing projects forever. It makes me nuts sometimes.

Hafen girls story club said...

Happy Birthday Micah... wow, is he already that big? Time flies. What a quilt, very impressive!

Unknown said...

I love his cake... that is so cute!!! LOL gotta love the little kid in cake pictures, that's awesome!!

Happy belated Micah.

Brooke said...

How did I miss this post? That was a fun party and yummy cake. You did great! Thanks for coming to the zoo today. It was fun!