
If you don't already have this number somewhere handy, I recommend you jot it down and keep it somewhere accessible.
Earlier today Micah got a hold of a bottle of sunscreen. I was in the middle of cleaning up one of his messes when I noticed him grab the bottle. The bottle still had the seal on it, so I though I had a second to set everything down before taking the sunscreen away. Instantly I hear a small spray and Micah crying and gagging and trying to spit out all the sunscreen he had just sprayed into his mouth. I picked him up and grabbed the bottle from him, frantically I searched for any warning information on the bottle. I was also hoping to find a number to poison control on there. The on helpful information I could find was "if ingested seek medical attention or call poison control." It wasn't very long before Micah was throwing up. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to make Micah feel better and I absolutely needed to find the number to poison control. I reached for my phone frantically and dropped it. Which resulted in the back cover and the battery falling out. My Windows were wide open so I started calling out to my neighbors, no one could hear me. With Micah, the sunblock and my useless phone in hand I ran to my neighbors bellow me. No answer. I ran across the street to my friend Lesley's apartment who was home and was very quick to help me out. Thankfully Micah is fine but it was an awful scare. I hope this never happens again, but if it does I have certainly learned my lesson to "be prepared."

2 comments:
Eden ate almost about half a tube of toothpaste when she was 1 1/2. After much searching, I found the number and called poison control because I wasn't sure how serious it was. She was fine, they just told me to give her a bunch of milk.
Now I have stickers on my phones with the phone number to poison control....why do we always have to learn the hard way?
Oooh, that just sent shivers down my spine. I'm glad he's okay, but what an awful scare.
Post a Comment