Ryan's parents let Ryan and I use some of their garden space to plant our own garden. I go over to their place almost every morning to work out. One morning after I got done exercising, I went out back to water the garden. Micah loves to help me do whatever I am working on. As I moved the hose from one spot to the next Micah would try to move it too. After a while he discovered that water and dirt make mud, oh happy day for Micah! It is so amazing to me how children go through the discovery process, there are so many simple and fun things that we all know about but there is something special about discovering things for the first time.
Back to the story, I let him play around in the mud and get dirty because he wasn't doing anything wrong and with this distraction I could hurry and finish watering the rest of the garden. After I finished up, it was time to tackle my little mud man. Before doing any cleaning though, I had to get a picture of the mess. I tracked down Liz (mother-in-law) and asked her to get a few pictures. He was so upset with me for pulling him away from his fun. honestly the neighbors probably thought I was torturing him. Before bathing him I wanted to get my own pictures. Micah was pretty happy by this point but the muddy effect is not as strong. I still think he looks so adorable!

3 comments:
He just keeps getting cuter!! I love his hair!
I agree--watching a child discovering something for the first time is so fun to see. Maybe not the screaming when you pull them away from their fun--but the memory of them enjoying themselves is what counts, right?
Hey! I have mud pictures too of Camden. Must be a boy thing. Or maybe just a kid thing.
Post a Comment