Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Halloween


Halloween was a lot of fun this year. We were the Frankenstein family this year. Ryan was Frankenstein, I was Frank's bride and Micah was Frankenstein Jr. I thought we all looked pretty great and we spent so little to look so fabulous! Micah and I made it to as many Halloween activities as we could, so that he could show off the cool Frankenstein hat I made him. By the time Halloween night came around I was really ready for this holiday to be over. We really lived it up this year!

Truth be told, I refused to take Micah trick-or-treating. A few nights before Halloween, we took Micah trick-or-treating to the care center where my Grandma was temporarily residing (she's out now, Yeah!). Micah caused such a big scene every time we made a stop for candy that I didn't want to go through that again. I've always heard that it is good to let children have options, I completely agree with this practice, except when you have a toddler who thinks the whole bowl of candy is his, and wigs out every time another kid gets close to that bowl of candy. In this case I think it would have been best to show Micah his piece of candy, rather than tho whole bowl, and let that piece of candy go straight in his bag. We still have the bag of candy and almost all of the candy. Ryan and I have been very disciplined in not eating anything but the chocolate :). I let Micah have a piece every once in a while but I am really afraid of him getting cavities; luckily he loves to brush his teeth.



Fun Halloween activities we did this year:
-Corn Bellies- got 2 free mini pumpkins
-Pumpkin Walk- got another free pumpkin!
-Neighborhood party- played spooky bingo, made spiders out of Oreo's and licorice, made ghost suckers, bone necklaces, and got to decorate 2 more pumpkins! (I did not buy any pumpkins this year).
-Playgroup party- Micah played a bean bag toss game and actually made a shot!
-Scary baby and me story time
-Trick-or-treat at care center- SCARY
-Make spooky spider cupcakes
- Eating lots of spooky food

2 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Your creativity makes me SICK!!! Every year you amaze me with the costumes you come up with. I love everything you did this year, and the story of Micah nearly did me in, I was laughing so hard!

Whitney said...

Cute! I love your costumes!