Saturday, March 24, 2012

Getting my hands dirty


Look at me posting 3 days in a row! I don't actually plan on posting every day per se but I do want to post more regularly. To make up for the guilt of living thousands of miles away from family, I really want this to be away for everyone to have a window into our happy, crazy, busy, silly, lives.
This morning I woke up with the urge to plant beautiful flowers in my yard. Thanks to home depot and a very patient husband who hung out with the kids all day, I did just that! I should also mention that Ryan was multitasking and helped me dig out old stumps when the going got rough. I may or may not have planted these beautiful flowers in my neighbors yard, but with the weird plot of dirt right between our two yards its hard to know. Either way the dirt looks so much prettier with flowers there and I don't think the neighbors will mind. It was a bit rainy which made digging very easy, it also gave me a chance to try to embrace my curly hair. I love my curls, but not so much with this hair cut. I love to garden, I can't wait to get our vegetable garden going next!

I also had the chance to have the young women come over tonight to watch the General Young Women's broadcast. Between the slightly unbalanced chairs and the snoring, we had such a good time!

3 comments:

hanner said...

stephanie's snoring was easily the highlight of my night.

Marisa Jean said...

I wouldn't mind one bit if someone came and planted flowers in my yard.

The snoring comment made me laugh...was that a young woman, or a man? Please tell me it was a YW, even if it's not true. I think that would be hilarious!

Lindsay said...

Yes, one of the cute beehives got a little tired during the meeting. It was hilarious and co cute at the same time.