Friday is probably the most anticipated day at our house. The kids and I usually go on a fun adventure, Ryan usually comes home a little early we have pizza for dinner (vegan style) we have family movie night, we stay up late. What's not to love right?!
The highlight of today was that we converted Sam's crib to a toddler bed. I was trying to avoid doing this but Sam was climbing out onto the changing table and then to the window seal. The first morning we discovered this we heard Sam chatting it up in his room so Ran when to go get him out of be, but there wasn't a chatty little boy in the crib. No he was hiding behind his curtain sitting on the window seal or is it called a ledge? either way it's still scary! So because I want to be a good Mom and I want to make sure that Sam makes it to his 2nd Birthday and many more after that, I had to make the change. Sam was so excited about the change he sat on his "new" bed all morning long.
I think the day took a wrong turn when I decided to stay home and do yard work instead of go on a Friday adventure. This lead to me inviting a friend to come over and visit while we do yard work. Which lead to chatting and playing and taking very very late naps.
Seems harmless right? I excused myself for a minute and put my very tired baby into his bed, and of course changed his diaper before I laid him down. Sam laid right down but then I could here a lot of noise in his room and then a little crying and then a lot of crying. It was a good 10 min before I decided to go back in and check on him. Instantly I got punched in the face by a big poppy smell. It was an awful unleashed kind of smell. As I picked up Sam I could see that his hands had been in his diaper. Poor guy was so sad because he was dirty. I cleaned him up and calmed him back down for a nap. Thankfully he fell asleep this time, but when I went to check on him he wasn't in his bed. Allow the picture to explain where I found him.
The day wasn't all that bad but I just feel drained from it because as my kids start to become more independent they have somehow become a million times messier. Basically their "freedom" is trapping me because their messes aren't ones that can wait until the end of the day. They are messes that require immediate attention. For your entertainment read the following messes I have been cleaning up the last 2 days
- a trail of water from the kitchen sink to the backyard. the boys found a watering can and a sand bucket
- a trail of dirt from the backyard to the kitchen sink. the kids discovered the wonder of making pies in the backyard
-MUD!
-MUD! Again!!!
-MUD!!! AGAIN!!!
-Sam's dinner all over the floor
-Juice spill
-Milk spill
- Large plate of oily pesto pasta flipped on the the ground. Micah insisted he could get his own lunch
Are you pooped reading this?

1 comment:
I think I'm going to join Sam on the floor and take a nap after reading this. Sigh. Sorry for the messes, but those boys of yours are so dang cute! And I have to tell you, even though the bed issue was probably tiring for you, I found much joy out of reading about it. He he.
Post a Comment