Remember my post about how my kids keep making and playing in mud? Well the saga continues. As I was getting ready this morning the boys were out playing in the backyard. Apparently Micah decided that Sam needed a hair cut. So he took a spray bottle and got Sam nice and wet. Just like any great stylist would do, Micah was really trying to sell his product. I could hear Sam telling Micah NO, but Micah was not going to take no for an answer. So he thought Sam might be persuaded by sampling the product. Have I mentioned that the product is dirt?! Needless to say, by the time I got outside to check on my poor temporarily neglected children, Sam was a big muddy mess. We we're running late for a birthday party so I packed kids, mud and all into the car. I dropped Micah off and came straight home to address Sam.
I was not about to put Sam in the clean bathtub and risk getting a muddy ring around the tub. So I pulled out the watering can and showered Sam white trash style in the front Yard. Lucky for Sam it was a very hot day today. He loved it, and so did I. We had so much fun this morning. It isn't very often that Samuel and I get one on one time together.
As part of my resolution to give homemade gifts this year. I made this for one of Micah's friends. Micah went to a Birthday party this morning and in true Lindsay fashion, I didn't throw this beauty together until this morning. Unfortunately it looks like I just threw it together. Oh well, Micah Loves this apron and was so happy to give it to his friend as a birthday gift. Hmm I wonder if I should get around to making one for each of my boys?My kids and I have a playgroup we go to every Monday with some friends of ours. We Each take turns planning the activity. Last Monday we signed up for a class at Brookside Gardens in Maryland. It was such a lovely garden, I still can't get over how beautiful it was.
You gotta love camera timers! the only way I ever get in pictures is if I put the timer on the camera and jump in. In this photo Micah ran out of the shot, as you can see Sam is pointing in his direction.



1 comment:
Oh Micah, ha ha! I shouldn't laugh, but the reason for the muddy mess is making me laugh. I like your way of dealing with the mess. Watering can = genius!
That present is adorable! So creative, Lindsay!
Post a Comment