Halloween was so much fun! We all kept changing our minds about what we should dress as but in the end (the very last minute) we decided to go as toys. I get really excited trying to make costumes on such a tight budget. I also feel like the home made gifts look the best. Probably because they have the most love in them ;).
 |
| The boys and I went to the Great Zucchini magic show on Halloween day. We went with a few friends and had a blast. Sam got so into it, he ran up to the stage when Micah refused an invitation to come on stage by the great Zucchini himself. |
 |
| Micah was a toy robot. We made his costume from boxes that were generously donated to us from Trader Joe's. Ryan designed the structure and I jazzed it up! Micah said he wanted to be a robot with a heart. I used a heart shaped cookie cutter for the heart. |
 |
| Sam was a little sock monkey. I made his costume from a huge brown sweater I found at goodwill. His bow tie is the same one Micah used when he was the Cat in the hat a couple years ago. The hat is from an amazing Nurse who made it for Micah while he was in the NICU. and the gloves are my winter gloves. |
 |
| I wish I had a picture with Sam's eyes open. He reminds me of Earl Hickey from My Name is Earl. |
 |
| We invited friends from Alexandria to join us for Hilloween. We were so excited to share this awesome Halloween experience with friends. I LOVE Halloween on Capitol Hill! |
 |
| I was a rag doll for Halloween, I think for the most part people knew who I was, but I did have a couple people say I looked like Wendy from the Hamburger Chain! Obviously those people didn't know me or they would have known better. But can totally see where they are coming from. Of I ever decide to be a rag doll again, I will definitely be wearing a different dress. |
We really had such a good time, the only complaint I have is that Ryan wasn't dressed up this year. He was going to dress as a slinky but because of Super storm Sandy we weren't able to leave our house and get the supplies we needed in order to make his costume. It doesn't matter we had so much fun. We let the kids eat the candy for 2 different family movie nights, then we shared it and through it away. Thankfully they handled it all very well. I have to say for the most part Sam and Micah have pretty good self control when it comes to treats. Not all the time but most of the time. :)
1 comment:
Are you joking me right now? You made all of those last minute? It would take me months to come up with that.
I didn't think that you were the Wendy's girl at all...though now that you mention it, I can see how someone might think that. I thought you were more of a Raggedy Ann doll.
Post a Comment