I really can't believe all the trouble mother nature has sent while we've been back east. Perhaps that is part of living near the coast and I am only noticing now that I am so close to the action. In the year and a half that we have been here we have had an Earthquake and hurricane Irene in August 2011, a strong storm that was extremely unexpected this past spring. That storm was nuts! We had been at a friends house and on our way home the night was calm and warm, but once we got in the house and up the stairs we could here the wind howling like crazy. Then the thunder lightening and rains came too. Ryan and I put the kids to bed (on the floor to be safe) and went out to the porch to watch the storm. I couldn't sit out there long because it had turned really cold out. By the next morning we had large branches spread throughout our yard. As we drove around the neighborhood we saw more branches up and down the streets, a several trees fallen on top of houses and cars. It was so wild! And of course after that storm we had Super Storm Sandy. We just hunkered down in our house and waited out the storm. Thankfully we weren't affected very much., we didn't even lose power!
 |
| During the storm we Baked! There is nothing like the smell of fresh homemade bread. |
 |
| Sam passed the time by coloring, his new favorite pass time. |
 |
| Micah and Sam emptied out their play kitchen and turned it into an Ark. Micah was a Zebra, Sam was a Giraffe, and I got to play God. My job was to close the Ark once the animals were all safely aboard. |
1 comment:
I LOVE kids imaginations! Noah's Ark? Are you kidding me!?! That's adorable!
And yes, Mother Nature has been crazy toward you guys since you moved back east. I'm glad nothing serious happened to you, though I feel sorry for those it did affect. :(
Post a Comment