The last time I posted was back in July. The first half of the summer was so wonderful. My cute little family and I had so much fun. We got to do a beautiful hike to a beach at Calvert Cliffs State Park, visited Yards Park multiple times, spent a lot of time outside at other favorite parks, visited the national arboretum. We went to Utah for an internship for a few weeks and had a great time for about 2 weeks.
The next 3 weeks that we were in Utah were not as wonderful. Sam got sick, he had multiple bouts of Diarrhea a day for 3 weeks straight. Sam got sick first, then he passed the sickness on to me and then Micah and Ryan got it. We were all down, we were all miserable but for the rest of us we only suffered for a couple days.Poor Sam lost so much weight which he couldn't really afford to lose). The day after we got back to Washington, DC Sam was symptom free. This short recap is not doing the whole experience justice. It was so miserable!!!
Since we've been back, Ryan has started his final year of Law school. And Micah and Sam and I have continued to explore this beautiful area. Our new favorite spots are The aquatic Gardens and Oxen Hill farm, and Hanes point. We have also started going to a different Trader Joe's, this new location offers child sized shopping carts, which is the best discovery of all to my kids.
I have opted out of having Micah enter preschool this year. I feel very torn about my decision. However we have been enjoying each other so much and and I would rather his learning be done as he plays and explores on our adventures.
Sam is cuter than ever. I love 2 year olds. Yep that's right I love age 2. It is a tough age, but there is so much more cuteness going on than trouble. I just love it. I have started to realize however that I don't take enough pictures or videos of Sam. I'll have to work on that.
As for me, I am swell. I have a mountain of projects to do. I am on a never ending journey to simplify my life but there is just so much that I want to be a part of, I don't know where to draw the line. So I am trying to do it all, and sometimes I am succeeding but the rest of the time I am just kidding myself. My main focus lately is to stay connected to all the wonderful things I have in my life that I may take advantage of, my family, friends, religion, etc. I have come to realize that I have so many blessings in my life, I am too absorbed in trying to do it all that I am missing the simple pleasures. So I am trying my very best to stay connected.
I really want this blog to be a place where my family and friends can keep up with everything that is going on with me and my cute little family on the east side. Wish me luck on future posts.
Earlier this week...
I know that my family really likes to see all the fun happy things we do. I took the boys to go pick a pumpkin earlier this week. We went to Homestead Farm in MD and had a blast! We had a picnic, visited the animals, read Halloween books, played in a huge pile of Hay, and took lots of videos and pictures. I'd say it was a day to remember. We had such a good time!


1 comment:
Yay for an update! Poor little Sam with his sickness while here in Utah. Ssssooo weird that it vanished the day he returned to DC. Still so stumped about that.
That picnic and farm look so fun! And while you think you miss the simple pleasures, I'm always impressed with your ability to find the good in the simple things and to be happy and content without needing much (whether that be attention, material needs, etc.). I think it's a really great gift you've got that I can only dream of having one day.
Miss you dearly!
Post a Comment