Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The joys of motherhood

Micah is growing up way too fast. I have had my hands full with him lately. He is your average 7 month old, I am sure that not everything he is accomplishing or that is happening isn't unique to him, but I am still proud of him. Let me tell you what has been going on in his life. This summer he has learned how to sit up, and crawl, he has his first two teeth!

Every morning I bring Micah into my bedroom, as soon as I plop him down on the bed he crawls up to Ryan and starts laughing hysterically. As soon as Ryan opens his eyes and notices him, Micah buries his face into the blankets, then after a second he will look up again and start giggling (just like peekaboo).

Another cute thing he does is bury his face in my shoulders and cling to me tightly when he gets scared. He is mainly afraid of the vacuum, the hair dryer and the blender; all things I use often. He tries to be brave and watch me while is use these items but when it becomes too much to handle he clings to me like a clinging vine.

In case you haven't had enough of Micah I have more to add. He is such an observant little guy, when we are eating, he will either become very jealous and do everything in his power to get his hands on my plate or he will sit back and watch as he pretends to chew a mouth full of food. As I am drying my hair he will sit outside the bathroom and shake his head, isn't that adorable!

Just when I think I am going to wrap things up I think of something else I want to share. So Micah doesn't have a pacifier anymore, with the exception of bedtime where he tries to suck on his little thumb. Anyway, he seems to be doing really well without it. However, I have found him sucking on the most random things. For example, post it notes, car keys (he looks like the dog on the "pirates of the Caribbean" ride), a bracelet, rubber duckies, wash clothes and the list goes on and on.

I have to just stop myself now because I can keep going, easily.

4 comments:

Hafen girls story club said...

I have to tell you, when Lydia was little, every month I would say to Matt, "this is my favorite age!" Everything was new and exciting. They just seem to get cuter and cuter, and you love them more and more. Now that we have Emma, I think, "holy cow, she's already doing this? Whoa... slow down little girl, you're growing up too fast! In other words... enjoy the first child where all you have time to do is dote, when baby #2 comes, it's all you can do to keep up with yourself. It is so fun, and he is SOOOO cute. What a lucky mom you are to have such an adorable little guy.

Unknown said...

He is just soooo cute! I love it!

Marisa Jean said...

I love how there can be such a strong personality in a baby at such a young age. What I love is that Micah loves fire too. I've never seen a baby look at fire quite the same way he did on Saturday. It was hilarious. But you better be careful, and hide your matches. If he's anything like Jonathan, he's a pyro in the making!

Elliot said...

micah is getting so big!! i can't believe it! that pic of you and him is so cute!! i am glad you have a blog so i can catch up on your life.
kristin